Reflect on your own social presence and the ways you engage with others online.
- Which networks do you access most often?
- What other options are there? Are there networks less popular than Facebook but nonetheless focused on something you are passionate about?
- How would you like to present yourself or your personal brand to the world?
Construct a piece of content (drawing, photo, video, song, vine, illustration, internet meme or anything else) that expresses how you wish to engage and post it to the blog. For ideas check out Assignment Bank or the Daily Create of DS106. Imagine a slightly more complex version of "Describe your life right now in a hash-tag."
Think about other forms of media you could use to express the same idea or build on it in some way.
- How would the content change?
- What would remain the same?
- What new markets could you reach with that content on new platforms?
Post a blog entry with the piece of content and a short description. Include a very brief summary of what the piece is about and the primary social network intended along with what sort of audience might enjoy it. Also include a 3 brief ideas for potential remixes for your content. If you want some inspiration check out the Remix Bank.